Manages day to day operations within the assigned sections of Nursing Affairs in view of ensuring exceptional patient driven care and staff empowerment in a wellness environment aligned with organizational leadership standards of practice, namely, integrity, leadership development, performance, professional and ethical behavior, communication, collaboration and professional commitment. Utilizes transformational leadership skills to ensure staff work towards organizational and nursing strategic goals and objectives.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Nursing with Master’s related Field OR
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience
- Including 4 years in leadership
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the specific patient population served.
- Develops and maintains ongoing understanding of nursing best practices for the types of patients for which care is provides.
- Leads and guides staff to deliver care that meets and exceeds accreditation standards.
- Accurately identifies real potential opportunities for improvement and implements solutions using a problem-solving approach.
- Creates nursing programs and activities to enhance and support nursing practice and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures staff work towards outperforming key performance indicators and benchmarked quality standards.
- Refers staff and students performance concerns to Head Nurse.
- Maintains nursing operations through adherence to standards, policies and procedures towards the organizations mission, vision and strategic goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals / multidisciplinary teams to promote seamless care delivery throughout the organization.
- Utilizes excellent communication skills in ensuring organizational and nursing strategies are cascaded, adopted, and integrated by nursing sections across the organization.
- Ensures optimal utilization of staffing and resources across nursing departments and ensures availability of necessary resources for patient care.
- Actively promotes a healthy work environment, ensures civility and teamwork, and ensures a reward system towards a healthy recruitment and retention strategy.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills by making appropriate leadership decisions and judgments.
- Mentors and leads on methods aimed at improving quality, efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness in Nursing Affairs.
- Maintains a high level of interpersonal and communication skills with members of the multidisciplinary team and serve as liaison between staff and other departments towards collaborative projects.
- Supporting staff retention including Saudization and healthy work environment.
- Ensures compliance with organizational standards and outside regulatory requirements.
- Engages Head Nurse(s) and nursing staff in the systematic evaluation of nursing practice, to identify opportunities for improving services, clinical performance, and patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement and accreditation programs, processes and projects.
- Ensures strategies are implemented to meet patient safety goals relevant to sections and patient populations.
- Acts on behalf of the Director of Nursing as officially delegated.
- Ensures acceptable orientation, education, training and professional development opportunities for new recruits / staff transferred / cross-trained staff.
- Determines / initiate educational trainings needs for any new services in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Identifies, motivates and supports the Nursing Succession Plan in assigned sections.
- Coaches and mentors Head Nurses in assigned sections accordingly and monitors their performance while supporting the professional growth and development plan.
- Ensures an evidence-based practice model is implemented in assigned sections.
- Participates and supports any research activities / initiatives in the assigned sections.
- Is involved in and facilitates others to be involved in evidence-based and research projects
- Respects patients and their families to promote a patient-centered care culture.
- Participates and supports quality improvement and patient safety activities as an individual or as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.