Nursing Services Associate Executive Director
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
This job position belongs to the Women’s Health Hospital in KAMC Riyadh.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, lead, manage and oversee the activities of the assigned Nursing departments by assuming a 24-hour accountability; oversee clinical nursing performance and priority setting underpinned by the development of policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of Twelve (12) years’ current clinical nursing experience following licensure/registration in the country of origin
- Minimum Eight (8) years of which in managerial
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume full management responsibility for all department services and activities including planning, organizing and directing all internal support functions within Nursing Services. Ensure that the everyday activities related to Nursing Services within the assigned region are run smoothly by setting parameters to judge how efficiently and effectively the department is operating. Manage the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies and priorities for each assigned service area.
- Provide a well-defined strategic plan and set appropriate objectives for the development and direction of the department. Recommend and implement operational plans in support of MNGHA philosophy, goals and objectives. Develop necessary programs to achieve these plans.
- Support projects undertaken by higher management to deliver key strategic goals including providing technical expertise on overall strategy. Inform the Executive Management of operational problems that are within the sphere of the duties and responsibilities and recommend changes in policies to carry out hospital objectives effectively.
- Oversee the implementation and evaluation of the core standards of care to ensure that each assigned service area complies with hospital policies and procedures and relevant national and international accrediting bodies. Establish performance standards with which to measure effectiveness, efficiency and outcomes of Nursing Services activities are supported, implemented and maintained at all times.
- Ensure that the nursing care provided is consistent with patient/family needs and with current best practices and research findings. Facilitate and promote an environment for conduct of research and scientific inquiry within a professional practice model.
- Ensure Nursing Services’ activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care. Identify changes necessary to improve organizational effectiveness, initiate appropriate changes and remove barriers to change. Provide direction in the development of planned and systematic processes for monitoring, evaluating and improving the quality and appropriateness of nursing services. Direct and support the development and implementation of an organization-wide system program. Facilitate a shared accountability approach to patient safety.
- Plan, direct and coordinate, through subordinate level staff, the department’s work plan; assign projects; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with key staff to identify and resolve problems. Establish appropriate service and staffing levels; monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; allocate resources accordingly.
- Monitor workload, administrative and support systems; resolve operational problems; implement established procedures and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations; identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement changes and monitor productivity status;
- Accomplish staff job results by coaching, guiding, and counseling employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; facilitate training.
- Participate in the development and administration of the department budget; forecast the funds needed for department staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approve department expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Explain, justify and defend department programs, policies and activities; negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues. Represent the department to other departments, coordinate assigned activities with those of other departments and outside stakeholders, if needed.
- Participate on a variety of committees, as might be required; prepare and present reports and other necessary correspondence. Perform other job related duties.