Clinical Social Worker Supervisor
We are looking for hard-working & adventurous allied Health who wish to advance their careers by joining overseas hospitals to gain international experience.
Supervises and monitors the productivity and workflow of the department and its employees Participates in direct patient care by conducting and carrying out the necessary psychosocial assessments and interventions for the relevant patients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent AND
- Postgraduate degree in Social Work (e.g. Masters or higher)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience after Master’s Degree.
- MUST have current experience with direct patient care in a medical/healthcare setting.
- Current or previous social work supervisory experience
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and involves the functioning of the social work department and employees daily management of patient workload allocation within the specialist area, taking into account the changing/competing demands and making decisions about prioritization of caseloads
- Supervises employees and ensures their abidance to rules and policies as applied and implemented in the Section/Department/Facility
- Monitors employee productivity and provides constructive feedback and coaching as warranted by tracking development through performance reviews and appraisals
- Investigates, manages, and addresses any identified complaints and concerns related to staff performance
- Assists in the hiring and training of new staff in the social work department
- Enforces organizational policies related to the social work department for both administrative and clinical areas
- Maintains and holds and facilitates clinical team meetings with employees
- Provides periodical reports to the management of social work staff
- Facilitates and acts as a support and advocate for social work staff within the department
- Assisting in managing the student internship program within the department (e.g. preparing rotation schedule, overseeing initiatives being carried out by interns, meeting with internship coordinator from the referred college)
- Participates and serves on hospital committees associated with the social work department (e.g. bereavement and palliative care committee)
- Liaises effectively with other agencies including government and charities involved in the care of individuals thereby maintaining and enhancing close professional working relationships
- Ensures staff coverage for all divisions in the hospital and establishes an ongoing on call rota to ensure coverage for emergency cases during non-working hours.
- Assists in establishing links with external organizations to help meet the patients’ psychosocial needs such as meeting with charitable organizations to establish criteria for patients’ needing financial support
- Provides direct case consultation and clinical supervision to staff to aide in their professional growth and development
- Promotes and informs an awareness of social care/social work context and anti-discriminatory practice to other professionals and facilitate multi-disciplinary working
- Manages frequent exposure to highly distressing and emotional circumstances, and maintain substantial mental effort through adaptive self-care practices
- Provides crisis interventions as needed
- Must have awareness and knowledge of child abuse laws within the UAE and be an active participant in the associated committees in the hospital
- Plays a lead role in Complex Discharge Committee within the hospital for patients with complicated discharges (e.g. refusals to discharge)
- Participates in direct patient care and carries out initial comprehensive psychosocial assessments, plans and implements individual strategies of care to meet identified needs in conjunction with the service user, care giver and members of the multi-disciplinary team as appropriate
- Participate in complex discharge planning with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure smooth transition of care for patient and family
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss and advocate for the patient and family needs (physical, social and emotional)
- Utilizes appropriate evidence-based clinical skills, techniques, and interventions when providing direct patient and family care (e.g. counseling; solution focused therapy)
- Serves as an advocate for patients and families in ensuring that their expressed wishes are central when planning care to meet the clients long term care needs
- Assess the needs of patients and families and works to implement and coordinate the necessary services, supports, and interventions needed to meet their ongoing care needs
- As part of the social work assessment, identify any concerns regarding the safety of family members including children and vulnerable adults and to report these concerns to the Social Work manager.
- Promotes, enables and empowers individuals, families and care takers through representation of rights; advocacy; nurturing strengths and capacities to make informed choices about highly complex life decisions
- Responsible in maintaining own accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records and those of staff responsible to the post holder, in line with professional standards of practice and within the parameters laid by the section/department/facility.